Diazepam Tablets 10mg is an efficacious medicine which belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines. Diazepam Tablets are used in treating anxiety disorders, panic disturbances, and sleep-related disorders extensively.
Diazepam tablets are quite advantageous medication for treating anxiety disorders and can be used as an insomnia treatment.
One should follow these dosage directions to get optimum results from this sleep aid:
- Diazepam tablets should never be chewed or crushed with teeth. One tablet of Diazepam 10mg must always be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water before going to bed.
- The prescribed dosage of Diazepam (Valium) 10mg Tablets is one tablet in a day. However, the dosage may vary between 2mg to a maximum of 10 mg, depending upon the intensity of the illness.
- In case of alcohol withdrawal symptoms, the dosage can be extended to 10 mg three to four times in a day. However, one should consult with a certified physician before taking these medicines to treat such disorders.
- Old-aged people or individuals suffering from chronic anxiety issues can take 2 to 2.5 mg twice a day.
- Individuals suffering from muscle spasm can take a dosage of 10 mg two times a day to alleviate the complications effectively.
- Before a surgery, Diazepam sleeping tablets can be given in a dosage of 10 mg once to generate the effect of light anaesthesia.