Codeine Tablets 60mg
Codeine tablets 60 mg are generally an opiate which is used to treat cough, diarrhea and a mild degree of pain. It is a narcotic pain-reliever and cough suppressant similar to morphine and hydrocodone. Moreover, a small amount of codeine is converted to morphine in the body.
Codeine tablets can be taken in a different dosage.
- Codeine tablets 15 mg to 60 mg, should be taken 4 times in a day for getting optimum relief from pain.
- Codeine pills 30mg to 60 mg must be taken 3 to 4 times in a day to treat diarrhoea. One can take a dosage of 20mg to 30 mg for 4 to 6 times to treat a dry cough as well.
These medications are safe and secure treatment. However, taking Codeine tablets in a quantity of more than 240 mg can cause several side-effects. It includes:
- Vigorous use of such medication can cause abdominal cramps and constipation.
- Individuals may even feel drowsiness as an adverse effect of this medication.
- Confusion, weakness, and anxiousness are some known side-effects caused by the overuse of codeine tablets.
- Exceeding the recommended dose can lead to low blood pressure, rashes, itching, and dry mouth.
- Loss of appetite and impaired memory are also one of the severe side-effects of the medication.