A sleep disorder can be solely responsible for causing a number of physical ailments and neurological imbalances.
Inadequate sleep interferes with the transmission of relaxing signals in the central nervous system. Under such circumstances, an individual fails to attain sound slumbers and retain it for the recommended hours.
In general, lack of adequate sleep can affect the cognitive process and increase the risk of major health issues as well. Particularly, individuals with insufficient sleep often struggle with excessive tiredness, high blood pressure and daytime drowsiness. Some of the common slumber disorders are insomnia, apnea, narcolepsy, and hypersomnia. In this case, you should be aware of the major causes of such disorders and get the best possible treatment to palliate the malady.
What Are The Major Causes Of Sleep Disorders?
Below mentioned factors are responsible for causing such ailments in your body:-
Certain physical disturbances, including arthritis, fibromyalgia, pain from ulcers, lower back pain, allergies, and respiratory diseases lead to insomnia.
In particular, anxiety and stress cause chronic neurological disorders. Also, they are often responsible for crippling an individual and totally disable him/her from attaining deep slumbers. Moreover, these disturbances can lead to severe anxiety disorder, including depression and generalized anxiety disorder. In such health conditions, you may suffer from chronic slumbers deprivation.
Excessive consumption of alcohol, smoking, working under the bright light until late night, using electronic gadgets during the bedtime can cause sleep disorders. Also, a heavy dinner impedes the sleep and disturbs the circadian rhythm as well.
Extreme hot or cold temperature can interfere with the body’s temperature as well as affect circadian rhythm. You may find it hard enough to attain quality slumbers if your room is heated like a furnace or cold as ice. Other environmental factors, including shift-work, travelling from one time zone to another, and extreme noise can also cause sleep disorders.
These factors lead to different types of sleep disorders, which can be identified on the basis of their symptoms. You must be aware of these disturbances and the causes behind them. It will help you get effective treatment if you find yourself a victim of any of these.
Now, let’s know a bit more about different kinds of sleep disorder which are commonly recognised by medical science.
- Insomnia— It is the inability to fall asleep or retain sound slumbers for the recommended duration. In general, neurological imbalances or chronic physical disorders can such complications frequently. These may include stress, anxiety, lower back pain, and arthritis. Moreover, if you fail to avoid technology on the bed, you are more likely to suffer from acute insomnia than those who avoid deliberately.
- Sleep Apnea— This is another disorder, which is caused by a disturbance in the air passage. In this health condition, the central nervous system fails to transmit breathing signals and you exert more pressure to take a breath. Loud snoring while sleeping is one of the common signs of apnea. However, snoring is not always the presage of apnea.
- Narcolepsy— Another type of slumber disturbance, Narcolepsy, is more often a by-product of acute sleep deprivation. It is identified by excessive tiredness, fatigue, and daytime drowsiness. In case you are struggling with daytime tiredness, muscle spasms and inability to stay awake while working, it can be signs of narcolepsy.
Let’s know a bit more about insomnia in detail here:
Out of all the aforementioned sleep disorders, insomnia is the most prevalent one and has affected the largest proportion of the population in the UK. A number of factors lead to insomnia. This sleep disorder can be further differentiated into other complications, but insomnia remains the basic ailment, which triggers other slumber disturbances.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, it is found that around 35% of adults get insufficient sleep and 25% of the people struggle with fatigue after waking up in the morning. This reveals that a large group of the world population is suffering from complications of sleeplessness. Effective treatment can help them alleviate maladies efficiently.
In such a case, sleeping tablets composed of benzodiazepine drugs can treat insomnia in many effective ways. Medicines like Zopiclone sleeping tablets or Xanax sleeping pills help relax the focal sensory system. They may also help release stress and anxiety. The active mechanism of these medicines is quite beneficial for attaining sound slumbers, which you can retain for long.
Insomnia is one of the major sleep disorder which can affect your life in a quite adverse manner. Effective medications can help fight such ailments efficiently.
Latest posts by Lewis Carroll (see all)
- List of Top 10 Sleep Disorders - April 18, 2019
- Top 5 Queries, Find Pills For Insomnia - April 18, 2019
- Top Most Search Queries To Find Best Sleeping Tablets - March 29, 2019