Safety precautions before the use of Xanax Tablets?
- It is advisable to consult your physician before the use of this tablet.
- Individuals who are allergic to alprazolam or any other benzodiazepine medicine such as Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan), Chlordiazepoxide (Librium), Clorazepate (Tranxene) and Oxazepam (Serax) should avoid its use.
- Insomniacs with liver and kidney problems should discuss their medical condition with a physician before the use of Xanax.
- Individuals with a history of depression, breathing problems and alcohol and substance abuse should seek their doctor’s advice before using this tablet.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should avoid its use.
- Patients having narrow-angle glaucoma should not use this pill.
- Individuals using antifungal medicine should stay away from it.
Usage guidelines of Xanax (Alprazolam)
Regular use of this medicine can lead to tolerance, addiction or dependence. You should never use this medicine for more than 4 weeks. Further, you should not stop this tablet without your physician’s advice. Abrupt stoppage of this medicine will lead to withdrawal symptoms like blurred vision, aggressive behavior and seizures.
One should never crush, chew or break this tablet. Instead, you should swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. It should not be combined with alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, else it will not produce desired results. This pharmaceutical should not be shared with anyone without doctor’s advice. Any activity which requires a higher level of concentration and mental alertness like car driving and operating heavy machinery should be avoided after its use.
Side effects of Xanax (Alprazolam)
Drowsiness, slurred speech, blurred vision, memory problems, lack of coordination, anxiety, tiredness, dizziness and upset stomach are some of the mild side effects. Serious side effects include depressed mood, suicidal thoughts, agitation, breathing problems, chest pain, seizure, increased sweating, uncontrolled muscle movements, risk-taking behavior, hallucination etc. Immediately consult a physician in case of adverse side effects.